Sunday, January 2, 2022

PARVEEN SHAKEER I have no grievance or guilt with my destiny or the Divine design

 


LISTEN TO THE YOUTUBE VIDEO 

https://youtu.be/sQrjR8v-qWw 



बख़्त से कोई शिकायत है  अफ़्लाक से है

I have no grievance or guilt with my destiny or the Divine design

परवीन शाकिर ( 1952 -994)

Pakistani Poet, Civil Servant &Teacher

===========================================================================

 

1     बख़्त से कोई शिकायत है  अफ़्लाक से है

I have no grievance or guilt with my destiny or the Divine design

(बख़्त=kismet) (अफ़्लाक=Jannat)

यही क्या कम है कि निस्बत मुझे इस ख़ाक से है

Is it not enough that I am related to His dust? That is the immensity of my destiny. (निस्बत=taluk)

 

2     ख़्वाब में भी तुझे भूलूँ तो रवा रख मुझ से

Even if I am forced to forget You (oh Lord) in my dreamy hallucinations, keep me conscious of your remembrance.

वो रवय्या जो हवा का ख़स--ख़ाशाक से है

Just as the breeze keeps the relationship of caressing the grass and plants on the earth.

(ख़स--ख़ाशाक=grass and plants)

 

3     बज़्म--अंजुम में क़बा ख़ाक की पहनी मैंने

In this poetic gathering (the world) I adorn the dress(body) of dust. (बज़्म--अंजुम =gathering)  क़बा==long dress)

और मिरी सारी फ़ज़ीलत इसी पोशाक से है

And I am grateful that my identity is glorified in this world because of this body of dust.

फ़ज़ीलत=greatness

 

4     रेत ही रेत है इस दिल में मुसाफिर मेरे

Even if my heart is full of sheer dusty sand (ignorance), oh my dear soul,

और यह सहरा तेरा नुक़ूश--पा चाहता है

Still this expanse of desert is keen to see your mere footprints.

नुक़ूश--पा=footprints

 

5     रात को मान लिया दिल ने मुकदर,

The darkness of night of ignorance may be my destiny.

लेकिन रात के हाथ से कोई दीया चाहता हूँ

Yet I pray for the light of an earthen lamp in the night (for dispelling my ignorance).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment