Thursday, March 18, 2021

WHO CREATED GOD

 


WHO CREATED GOD?



CONVERSATIONS BETWEEN HE (AN ATHEIST) AND I (THEIST)

ADAPTED FROM THE PUBLISHED PAPER OF SHEIKH MOHAMMAD AL-GHAZALI

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the text of the conversation:

"He (i.e., my atheist friend) said: If Allah created the universe, then who created Allah?

I replied: With such a question, or more likely, objection, you emphasize that everything must have a creator!

He said: Don't take me through mazes; just answer the question!

I said: You do believe that the universe was created without a creator; i.e., It is the same question... why do you believe yourself when you say it while belying others when they believe stick thereto?! Moreover, if you think a creator who has no creator of himself is a myth, then a universe without a creator is a myth, too, according to your own logic!

He said: We live in this world and feel its existence and thus cannot deny it!

I said: Who asked you to deny the existence of this world? When we take a taxi or boat or an airplane on a specific route, we do not question the car's existence, for example, instead, we might ask: does it run by itself or there is a skillful driver behind the wheel?! Hence, coming back to your question, I may say: your question is self-refuted. You and I admit an actual existence; no one can deny this. You claim that it has no beginning in relation to the matter, while I believe it has no beginning in relation to the creator. So, if you want to ridicule an existence with no beginning, you should ridicule yourself before ridiculing the people of faith!

He said: Do you mean that the two parties have the same presupposition?

I said: I will elaborate on this only to reveal and expose the void allegations on which atheism depends. The presuppositions are not the same as far as the two parties (i.e., the believers and the disbelievers) are concerned.

Consider this; you and I are looking at an erect palace; I believe that an architect has built it with the eye of an expert. You believe that some wood, steel, stones, and paint have gathered by themselves and on their own and in a specific fashion and built that palace for human beings to dwell therein.

The difference between our views is that if we find a satellite that orbits in the outer space, you would say it was launched by itself and without any supervision or direction from anyone. While I would say: it had to be launched by an administrative supervising mind...! The presuppositions are not the same. To me, it is the inescapable truth, while it is to you the doubtless untruth".

By rejecting the blind imitation and invalid logic, our age's atheists can also experience the light of reason through discriminative rationality.


No comments:

Post a Comment